qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.30 release update - alpha is available
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 15:38:04 GMT
On 5 August 2014 14:01, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/05/2014 01:22 PM, Keith W wrote:

>>> I agree, having examples or 'test clients' of some kind easily accessible
>>> and guaranteed to work with a given release is important.
>>>
>>> Is this separate artefact only the 0-10 and earlier compatible examples?
>>>

>> These examples are suitable for 0-8..0-10.
>>
>>  Is there a separate one for the 1.0 client?
>>>

>> qpid-ampq-1-0-client does have its own examples (./examples), but
>> there is no maven pom.xml, so there is no distributable artefact.
>> It would be easy to add a pom.xml. I'm happy to volunteer to do this.
>>  Thoughts?
>>

> I think it would be nice to have a distributable artefact for the 1.0
> client. Perhaps we can make the relationship of examples to lib clear
> through naming?

I picked "<cilent-artifactId>-examples" for the artifactId of the examples
to try and make the relationship to the associated client at least somewhat
present in the names...though I would understand people being confused
despite that.

I think my preference so far might be my suggestion in my mail to justin,
that the client tar.gz files contain the examples source and associated pom
so people build it locally rather than rely on getting a lib. I believe
some other projects do it that way too.

Robbie