qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.30 release update - beta is available
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 13:35:38 GMT
Next up, java binaries.

I was able to run the Java broker, run the 0-x and 1.0 JMS client examples
against it, install the QMF2 broker plugin, and finally run the QMF2 GUI
and QpidConfig tools against it. This mostly went well, though I
encountered a small issue when running the QpidConfig tool against the Java
broker where the tool would throw an exception. This works against the C++
broker, so the difference may be in either the behaviour of the Java broker
itself, or the QMF2 broker plugin.

Things of note:

The Java binaries published to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.30-beta/ dont appear to be
the same binaries produced by the maven/source build, they contain
different heirachies. I think they should actually be the same files,
having two different binary release archives for the same bits seems weird.
The archives will get published to maven central during the release build,
and anyone later building from the source release would get the same, but
whats on the website would currently differ.

There is a binary being created at the following location for the 1.0
client websocket plugin, which isnt being distributed currently. Should it
be?
amqp-1-0-client-websocket/target/qpid-amqp-1-0-client-websocket-0.30-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz.

qpid-java-broker-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz:
- Relating to the above, there is a 1.0 websocket plugin for the broker
that isnt being distributed, because the broker pom doesnt depend on it.
Should it?

qpid-qmf2-tools-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz:
- For QpidConfig, if i try to list the queues or exchanges I would get an
exception:

[gemmellr@localhost bin]$ ./QpidConfig.sh -a guest/guest@localhost:5672
queues
Queue Name                                    Attributes
TempQueue359495ce-d501-46b0-863a-9ab46ad36ce2 auto-del excl Exception in
thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.qpid.qmf2.tools.QpidConfig.queueList(QpidConfig.java:679)
    at org.apache.qpid.qmf2.tools.QpidConfig.<init>(QpidConfig.java:1467)
    at org.apache.qpid.qmf2.tools.QpidConfig.main(QpidConfig.java:1540)

qpid-broker-plugins-management-qmf2-0.30-beta
- Nothing to report

qpid-java-client-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz:
- Nothing to report

qpid-java-amqp-1-0-client-jms-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz
- Nothing to report

Robbie