qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.30 release update - alpha is available
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 13:54:42 GMT
Part of the reason it is the way it is currently is because I tied creation
of the tar.gz assembly files to the 'package' phase so that the systests
could immediately use the broker tar.gz release in the integration-tests
phase (they fire up an external broker using it via the startup scripts).
Traditionally you might be more likely to build the assemblies later in the
cycle, or only when using a release profile, or maybe explicitly using "mvn
assembly:single". The examples havent been built at the point the client is
packaged currently, because they actually depend on the client and so only
get built afterwards.

Adding a tar.gz file containing just the example jar would be easy. To
include the examples and client jars in the same assembly we would likely
need to add a further 'packaging' module to gather everything up together,
or have the examples module tar.gz duplicate the client libs.

An alternative could be to bundle the example src (only) in the client
releases, with their build pom. The instructions can then say how to build
and run them. As alternative to that the examples jar would still be
available via maven central (unless we alter the poms not to publish the
jar).

Robbie