qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1 Queue with 2 Consumers - turn off pre-fetching?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 07:51:35 GMT
On 27 August 2014 02:33, xiaodan.wang <xiaodan.wang@salesforce.com> wrote:

> Hi Rob, just verified with 0.32/trunk client and the v0.16 broker that we
> currently use. It is indeed doing prefetching at a per session level once I
> started the client with AMQP 0-91. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Great!

> The
> only issue I encountered is that getJMSDestination on the message returns
> an
> instance of AMQTopic instead of javax.jms.Queue object, which was
> straightforward to work around.

Can you give me an example of the sort of address that you set the replyTo
to - I'll try to look into this and fix it before the 0.30 release goes out

> Did not encounter any other issues between
> 0.32 client/0.16 broker so far, *fingers-crossed*.
>
> Long term, we would definitely be interested in updating the broker to test
> out the multiple queue per consumer feature you are adding to trunk
> considering our options with AMQP 0-10 is non-existent at the moment.
>
> Couple of quick questions:
>
> 1) Did session-level prefetching get dropped as part of changes to the
> protocol from AMQP 0-91 -> AMQP 0-10?

Yes - it's a change at the underlying protocol level.  If you are
interested in all the gory details, the 0-9-1 specification is here:

http://www.amqp.org/specification/0-9-1/amqp-org-download

and the 0-10 specification is here

http://www.amqp.org/specification/0-10/amqp-org-download

In 0-9-1 flow control is enforced through the basic.qos method which allows
you to set a prefetch size (in terms of either bytes or messages).  In 0-10
flow control is enforced through the message.flow command which is on a per
subscription basis.

> 2) Is there any plans to drop support on the broker for versions below AMQP
> 0-10?

Absolutely not!  We have a large number of users using 0-8 / 0-9 / 0-9-1.
 The aim for the Java Broker is to support every publicly released version
of AMQP and allow interoperation between these versions as much as
possible.  The 0.30 broker release provides some enhancements both to 0-9-1
functionality and message conversions between 0-9-1 and the other AMQP
protocols.

Hope this helps,
Rob