qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Java Broker AMQP 1.0 support - is it by default?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:09:17 GMT
On 26/08/14 15:41, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> Hi Fraser,
>
> I think the issue here is that the Java Broker doesn't really understand
> properly what you want to do with the address "amq.fanout" I think it is
> looking for a binding key for the exchnage... for instance if you tried to
> receive from the address "amq.fanout/foo" I think it would work.  Obviously
> for the fanout exchange this seems a little odd as the binding key is
> pretty meaningless - but for other exchange types it is more important.
>
> I'll raise a JIRA to deal with this case however.
>
> -- Rob

Thanks again for your help so far Rob.

For info

./recv amqp://guest:guest@localhost/amq.fanout/dummy

with

./send -a amqp://guest:guest@localhost/amq.fanout

seems to work. Yay little victories :-)

Next question (and this might be more in Gordon's space) any idea how to
get spit and drain to play ball? So I try

./drain --connection-options {protocol:amqp1.0} -b guest/guest@localhost
-f "amq.fanout"

and I guess unsurprisingly that creates a queue (with no binding) on the
default vhost

With drain following the previous "pattern" doesn't work either e.g.

./drain --connection-options {protocol:amqp1.0} -b guest/guest@localhost
-f "amq.fanout/dummy"

Doesn't create a binding.

So not sure for the case of spout/drain with the Java Broker
a) how to specify a virtual host in the address
b) how to get a binding to amq.fanout created.

Frase