qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.30 release update - alpha is available
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:33:36 GMT
On 08/14/2014 05:25 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 14 August 2014 15:23, Justin Ross <jross@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> With 0.30 beta, we have the -bin packages from the maven output.  The
>>> qpid-tools source archive does also include the java source of Fraser's
>>> tools.
>>>

>> I'm unsure whether the existing qpid-tools source archive should now
>> include the Java stuff or not. I presume you just archived the whole tools
>> directory now and so the Ruby bits are also in there too? (I havent looked
>> yet, but I plan to go through and test the beta in the morning)
>>
>> On the one hand they are all tools and this gives us less archives to
>> handle than adding a 'java qmf tools' archive, but on the other it means
>> adding more bits into the long standing archive which has only had the
>> python tools in it, partly going against the idea of people getting only
>> what they want (or might be used to getting). The Java bits also aren't
>> normally that likely to be consumed using their source, whereas the Python
>> and Ruby bits would be.
>>
>> Anyone else have more definite thoughts on this? :)
>

> Sorry, one more of mine: I don't really care for having the java code
> jammed in there.  (It's deranged project nesting, IMO.)  However, it does
> reflect the source tree's current organization.  I'm definitely cool with
> breaking it out.

I would much prefer it to be separate.

I hadn't even realised it was there because what I always do is run the
setup.py from the root of the archive, and that doesn't do anything with
the ruby or java within the src directory.

I would leave the ruby out entirely. Does it even get used by
anyone/anything at present?