qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Recreating sessions after an error in qpid.messaging client
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:38:58 GMT
On 08/12/2014 02:28 PM, Jakub Scholz wrote:
> In the qpid.messaging C++ API, many exceptions don't close the connection
> but only the session - for example when one tries to create a receiver on a
> queue which doesn't exist.
>
> As far as I understood it, in such situation I have to always recreate the
> session and all its senders / receivers manually one by one in my
> application, is that correct?

Yes, at present that is correct.

(With AMQP 1.0, errors tend to be signalled at the link level, whereas
with 0-10 it was at the session level).

> Or is there some way how to let the library
> recreate all of them for me - e.g. something like the reconnect() method on
> the connection level?

There was a JIRA created[1] by Clive Lilley who I believe had a patch
for this in the works. Clive, if you are reading this, any update? Is it
still something you are working on?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5824