qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Bulk binding
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 17:31:08 GMT
On 08/08/2014 06:11 PM, Filipe Santos wrote:
> I got an average of 25 seconds in the request for "create" messages and 22 for "delete"
messages (this time does not contains the time of building the message just the send) and
2 seconds in the response, both of them.

That's 25 seconds to send 15,000 create binding messages (without
waiting for responses), right? I.e. about 600 bindings per second. And
that's timed from the just before invoking the first send to the return
of the last send? Did you set the sender capacity at all?

Certainly I don't think the message transfer throughput is the issue
there, so squishing all the requests into a single message is unlikely
to help in my opinion.

I don't think I've ever measured the time for a bind, so I'm not sure
whether 600 binds per second is good or bad. I'll try and do a little
experimentation myself. What type of exchange is it (or is it mixed types)?