qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Bulk binding
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:04:27 GMT
On 08/08/2014 04:57 PM, Filipe Santos wrote:
> I'm doing exactly what you suggested and also threading my requests in order to take
advantage of the local cpu, but I'm always eager to improve benchmarks.

How long is it taking doing all the requests asynchronously?

On the fetch() side you have a non-zero capacity on your receiver? Is
there anything else going on on the broker while you are binding? E.g.
publishing to the exchange to which the bindings are being established?

Binding hasn't been considered critical path, so its not the most
optimised path. If the issue is simply how quickly the broker can
establish the bindings, then it may not help to merge them all into one
message anyway.