qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Bulk binding
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 15:33:40 GMT
On 08/08/2014 03:47 PM, Filipe Santos wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to bind several queues at the same time in C++.
> What I'm presently doing is iterating through a list, and send a biding message per service.

I'm assuming that is a QMFv2 message to the c++ broker, is that right?

> This is quite costly since I have to send the massage and fetch the reply for each one,
if I do it sequentially I end up waiting a lot for huge amount of bindings ( I'm trying with
15000).
> Is there any way to join all the bindings into a list and send  the massive bind request?

You know you don't have to fetch the response for each message, right?
You can send all 15,000 requests then process all 15,000 responses. Each
response can be correlated to the specific request it refers to.

That would be my first suggestion. I'm not sure there would be an
obvious benefit from merging these all into a single request. There is a
little bit of overhead, but I wouldn't expect it to be the most
significant factor. (I could of course be wrong!)

> I know if there is an error in a bulk I won't know which one has gone wrong, but let's
assume that I don't care about that. I also know that I don't need to do them sequentially,
I'm using threads and others techniques in order to make it faster, but due to the amount
of request it's still slow.