qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: couple of proton Messenger questions.
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 20:23:01 GMT
I am no expert on the state of Messenger and have been wrong before, but...

On 08/03/2014 02:23 PM, Fraser Adams wrote:
> It seems like the SASL options are currently a non-starter and that
> Messenger will use anonymous or PLAIN if user:pass is set, but am I
> correct that there's no support for other mechanisms?

Correct, there is not.

> In qpid-config I came across conn_options['client_properties'] =
> {'qpid.ha-admin' : 1} which suggests an ha-admin property is able to be
> used, but TBH a bit of grepping around the qpid Messaging code left me a
> bit stumped as to how that property actually gets passed around

In 0-10 it is the client_properties field on 'connection.start-ok'. In
1.0 it would use the properties field on the 'open' for the connection.

> I found
> src/qpid/ha/ConnectionObserver.cpp:const std::string
> ConnectionObserver::ADMIN_TAG="qpid.ha-admin";
> But how things get passed from connection options to the
> ConnectionObserver I have no clue, so rather than trying to reverse
> engineer it I figured I'd simply ask whether there is a mechanism to
> make use of that mechanism in proton Messenger vice qpid::Messaging, and
> if so what's the magic incantation???

I am not aware of any mechanism to control the connection options sent
in an 'open' frame by messenger. (In qpid::messaging it is done through
a 'client_properties' connection option, as with python over 0-10).

> Next am I correct that there is still no mechanism to specify "fancy"
> link options in pI can subscribe to receive messages from a simple Node
> address but say I want to subscribe to a particular subject say
> amq.topic/UK.WEATHER and the like, that's pretty easy via an Address
> String in qpid::Messaging or JMS but it still doesn't seem possible with
> Messenger?

I believe there is still no way to control the attach in any detail.

> Finally, is it possible to un-subscribe an address? Say I've got code
> that does
> subscription = messenger.subscribe('amqp://0.0.0.0:5672/#');

I don't believe there is as yet, no.