qpid-users mailing list archives

From "xiaodan.wang" <xiaodan.w...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: 1 Queue with 2 Consumers - turn off pre-fetching?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 00:33:19 GMT
Hi Rob, just verified with 0.32/trunk client and the v0.16 broker that we
currently use. It is indeed doing prefetching at a per session level once I
started the client with AMQP 0-91. Thanks so much for the suggestion! The
only issue I encountered is that getJMSDestination on the message returns an
instance of AMQTopic instead of javax.jms.Queue object, which was
straightforward to work around. Did not encounter any other issues between
0.32 client/0.16 broker so far, *fingers-crossed*.

Long term, we would definitely be interested in updating the broker to test
out the multiple queue per consumer feature you are adding to trunk
considering our options with AMQP 0-10 is non-existent at the moment.

Couple of quick questions:

1) Did session-level prefetching get dropped as part of changes to the
protocol from AMQP 0-91 -> AMQP 0-10?

2) Is there any plans to drop support on the broker for versions below AMQP
0-10?

Thanks!