qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 'client' APIs again
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:54:36 GMT
On 07/31/2014 03:32 PM, Ted Ross wrote:
> Gordon,
>
> This looks really interesting.  I think this is a good framework to
> build an extensible API to provide access to the good parts of AMQP
> (flow control, exactly-once with recovery, transactions, etc., etc.).
>
> Would you consider contributing it to the Proton project, perhaps as a
> branch or a contrib so others can get involved?

Absolutely, that is the intention. The only reason I did it in github to
begin with was to give more of an idea of what the proposal is about and
allow everyone to voice their opinions about the approach.

They can of course do that even if it is on a branch, so if no one
objects(?) I can create one for this purpose.

> What is the tool you use to create the tutorial code examples?

http://sphinx-doc.org/, the thing I liked particularly for this task was
the ability include actual examples rather than cutting and pasting
code, with simple directives for selecting the lines to show, the lines
to highlight etc.