qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPid 0.28 amqp1.0 - sending map from java to c++ does not work
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:27:27 GMT
On 07/21/2014 10:14 AM, Andreas Welchlin wrote:
> I found one more strange behaviour between Java and C++ when using AMQP
> 1.0:
>
> When a java application sets properties they are invisible for the c++
> client:

[...]

> Do you think this is a bug in QPID or is there something wrong with my
> code?

That is indeed a bug I'm afraid, thanks for taking the time to report it.

What is happening is that the properties are being replaced by the
annotations in the message from JMS, whereas the annotations are
supposed to be merged into the properties as presented to the application.

There is a workaround that you can use for now. If you set a connection
property (on the c++ client) called "nest_annotations" to true, then you
will see the application properties as sent by JMS. (The annotations in
this case are then included as nested maps).

I've raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5908 to track
this and will get a fix in shortly.

Thanks again!