qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Connect Qpid as a foreign server to Oracle Weblogic
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 13:18:04 GMT
On 07/01/2014 09:45 AM, Sajini De Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @Godon: Thank you for your reply. The answer for your question is no. I
> don't want to connect through JCA.
>
> Does anybody know to to do this without JCA. I followed a link which
> configure ActiveMQ like this which is listed in [1]. Is there a way to
> configure Qpid like this? If so what are the steps?
>
> [1]http://amadei.com.br/blog/index.php/connecting-weblogic-and-activemq

 From an initial glance the 'foreign server' is an external JNDI
service, and neither of the Qpid brokers provide a JNDI service as far
as I know.

You could try registering a Qpid connection factory in the Weblogic tree
I haven't ever tried that myself. Indeed again I do vaguely recall there
being some minor issues around the conventions for objects registered in
JNDI that were not (at one time at least) met by the Qpid Destination
and ConnectionFactory implementations.

It would not be an insurmountable problem I suspect for someone with a
little determination, but no detailed, tried and tested recipe is
available at present.