qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: REQEST FEEDBACK Re: How to test the performance quid c++ broker
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:18:06 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Qpid doesn't provide any binary downloads, only sources. The primary question is about what
you get with
   cmake; make; ./qpidd

versus with
   cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release; make; ./qpidd

Getting casual evaluators to issue the second command line is more work and possibly a barrier
to entry. This is true especially when users like OP get low performance numbers.

The secondary question is whether Release builds produce debug symbols or not.