qpid-users mailing list archives

From David Frank <david.fr...@aitengineering.com>
Subject RE: Inactivity Timeout with Java Broker
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 19:20:44 GMT
Just a quick follow up. The issue we had on startup seemed to be resolved by using

	-Dqpid.handshake_timeout=60

It's a little risky when we update next since it's not a documented property, but it seems
to work.

Thanks!

David Frank
AIT Engineering

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith W [mailto:keith.wall@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:06 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Inactivity Timeout with Java Broker

Hello David

In the Java Broker, you can't currently disable heart beating from the broker side.

If the client requests heart beating, the Broker will respect this request.
To turn off heat beating, configure the Java client (*) by using the "heartbeat" broker list
property [1] in the connection url, or via the qpid.heartbeat system property [2] and set
the value to zero.

You may have noticed a broker attribute "connection.heartBeatDelay"
(settable through the Web Management Console) but this can't be used to turn off heat beating
if requested by the client.  (For AMQP 0-10 connections, this value sets the heartbeat maximum
used during the connection.tune negotiation, for AMQP 0-8..0-9-1 connections this value will
enable heartbeating if the client does not request it).

Kind regards, Keith Wall.

[1]
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.26/programming/book/QpidJNDI.html#section-jms-connection-url
[2]