qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: REQEST FEEDBACK Re: How to test the performance quid c++ broker
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:29:13 GMT
On Sat, 2014-07-26 at 02:46 -0400, Pavel Moravec wrote:

> [...]
the default is and describe its options. I.e. update qpid/cpp/INSTALL, part "Note that there
are 4 different predefined cmake build types" (maybe worth mentioning it at the beginning
of Paragraph 2)

Based on discussion so far I am inclined to
- make the default build type RelWithDebInfo
- udpate cpp/INSTALL discussion of build types (it does mention
Release/Debug already, I'll add mention of the other types.

We don't have unanimity over Release vs. RelWithDebInfo as the preferred
default, but RelWithDebInfo appears to have more support. Don't forget
this is only the default, people can choose whatever they prefer (and
the INSTALL will be updated so they'll know what the choices are)