qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Server support for jms selector
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 15:10:50 GMT
On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 12:33 +0100, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are trying to use jms selectors, but hit the following message in the client:
>
> 09:32:49.559 [http-bio-8080-exec-6] DEBUG o.a.q.c.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10 - Server
support for feature 'qpid.jms-selector' : false

> Is there a way to turn this feature on in the c++ qpid broker?

Currently (since 0.24 I think) the C++ broker supports a selector
syntax.

However what it supports is the selector syntax described by the
non-normative addition to the AMQP 1.0 standard [1]. This is not the
same syntax although it is easy to convert them.

Additionally the 1.0 selector is not transmitted from the client to the
broker in exactly the same way as the qpid 0-10 JMS selector.

So it would be possible to implement 0-10 JMS selectors in the C++
broker, and much of the necessary code is already present, but currently
it can't just be "turned on".

Andrew

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/specs/apache-filters.xml#type-selector-filter