qpid-users mailing list archives

From David Frank <david.fr...@aitengineering.com>
Subject Inactivity Timeout with Java Broker
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 13:07:01 GMT
Java Broker 0.26
Java Client 0.14 (although we've tried it with 0.26 also)
Java 1.7.0_51 x64

We recently switched from the C++ Broker to the Java Broker to support one of our customer's
requests.  Unfortunately, we've had lots of problems since then.  I believe most are related
to the Java Broker closing connections due to Inactivity.  As we start our application, there
can be quite a bit of CPU and IO access, which tends to slow everything down.  This slow down
can often cause the clients to miss their heartbeats to the broker.  The broker then closes
the connection and our application fails to start successfully.

We've tried the "qpid.broker_heartbeat_timeout_factor" property, but it doesn't seem to have
any effect.  In fact, I don't see it actually being used by the broker code. A constant is
set with the value in BrokerProperties, but the constant is never used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David Frank
AIT Engineering