qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chris Richardson ...@fourc.eu>
Subject Dispatch router multi-hop topology
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 08:59:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get an example of a multi-hop topology working with
qpid-dispatch 0.2 built against qpid-proton 0.28. The scenario is probably
most simply described by plagiarising the config files from the
tests/config-3-linear directory, which sets up a series of 3 sequentially
connected routers. From the test topology.txt:
  +----------+          +----------+          +----------+
  |QDR.A     |          |QDR.B     |          |QDR.C     |
  |port:     |          |port:     |          |port:     |
  | 20001    |--------->| 20002    |--------->| 20003    |
  |          |          |          |          |          |
  |          |          |          |          |          |
  +----------+          +----------+          +----------+

 * The direction of the arrow shows the direction of the connection setup
   Connector --> Listener

To each of the config files in this example I've added a listener:

listener {
    addr: 0.0.0.0
    port: 5672
    sasl-mechanisms: ANONYMOUS
}

with the port incremented to 5673 and 5674 in config files B and C (so it
can be run on a single machine).

I'm using drain/spout to send messages with the following syntax:
drain --connection-options {protocol:amqp1.0} -b 0.0.0.0:5672 -f myAddress
spout --connection-options {protocol:amqp1.0} -b 0.0.0.0:5674 myAddress

By varying the port number I can of course control which router the
messages are being sent/received from.

When the drain process connects I can see the mobile address registered on
all three routers. Sending messages via any pair of adjacent routers works
yet I am not able to send an address from router A to router C or visa
versa - spout does not return, presumably since it has not had confirmation
of delivery.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Chris