qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inactivity Timeout with Java Broker
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:05:37 GMT
Hello David

In the Java Broker, you can't currently disable heart beating from the
broker side.

If the client requests heart beating, the Broker will respect this request.
To turn off heat beating, configure the Java client (*) by using the
"heartbeat" broker list property [1] in the connection url, or via
the qpid.heartbeat system property [2] and set the value to zero.

You may have noticed a broker attribute "connection.heartBeatDelay"
(settable through the Web Management Console) but this can't be used to
turn off heat beating if requested by the client.  (For AMQP 0-10
connections, this value sets the heartbeat maximum used during the
connection.tune negotiation, for AMQP 0-8..0-9-1 connections this value
will enable heartbeating if the client does not request it).

Kind regards, Keith Wall.

[1]
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.26/programming/book/QpidJNDI.html#section-jms-connection-url
[2]