qpid-users mailing list archives

From Amy Wu <...@adaptiveapps.com>
Subject RE: Clearing userId field on JMS message
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 20:55:45 GMT
Yes, this was the problem!  I didn't realize that my C++ client received the message just fine
and was having issues putting it back into the broker.  Updating it to clear out user id fixed
the issue.

Thanks so much!

From: Gordon Sim [gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:18 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Clearing userId field on JMS message

On 06/18/2014 11:40 PM, Amy Wu wrote:
> I am using Qpid JMS to send messages to a C++ broker which will then be received by a
C++ client.  My JMS client connects to the broker using a different authenticated user than
the C++ client.  The issue I am running into is that when the JMS client sends a message,
it sets the user_id property on the message so that when the C++ client receives the message,
it errors out with something like:

> "unauthorized-access: authorised user id : user1@QPID but user id in message declared
as user2 (/builddir/build/BUILD/qpid-0.28-rc2/cpp/src/qpid/broker/SemanticState.cpp:497"

That error occurs in the broker when a message is sent by a client. SO I
suspect what may be happening is that your c++ client is receiving the
message from JMS, then sending the same message back (including the
userid of the JMS client that originally sent it).

If I'm right, all you need to do is clear the message in the c++ client,
before resending it (using Message::setUserId()).