qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Why performance of sending durable messages to qpid queue is really bad?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:40:46 GMT
On 06/19/2014 10:03 PM, smartdog wrote:
> I am not sending big messages, just a couple of words. Indeed, I use AMQP
> 1.0. Then it seems the static 1000ms latency comes from qpid timeout for
> waiting more messages to write to the store. Can I adjust the timeout value
> in qpid source code? I would be happy if we could reduce it to 100ms for
> durable messages.

The timeout is 500ms by default (at least on trunk at present and I
doubt its changed very recently). To edit it change the value for
MessageStoreImpl::defJournalFlushTimeout in
cpp/src/qpid/legacystore/MessageStoreImpl.cpp

(There is a timer task per journal, though at present configured to use
the same periodicity. So it would be possible without too much work to
make it configurable on a per queue basis if anyone had the inclination).