qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Why performance of sending durable messages to qpid queue is really bad?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 08:13:01 GMT
On 06/17/2014 10:35 PM, smartdog wrote:
> It is the qpid c++ broker. The BDB store is used. Is there a way to improve
> the performance while preserving the persistence?

Can you send messages in batches? I.e. don't make every send synchronous.

A synchronous send will always be a little slower and for the c++ broker
if the message is durable there is an added penalty at present over AMQP
1.0 as the broker doesn't flush the disk immediately (it doesn't get any
explicit indication that the client is not going to send anything else
until it gets back the disposition for the message).