qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Subject Filtering with Queues
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 13:06:31 GMT
On 06/09/2014 01:39 PM, Chris Wj wrote:
> Thanks for the detailed response. That makes a lot of sense. Can you (or
> anyone) point me to a good document describing the 'link' and 'node' option
> specification and potentially some more examples?

By no means complete, there are some examples on the wiki: Though

> Tell me if I have this correct: The address field you used creates a sender
> using AMQP 0-10 protocol and will send with a default subject of
> 'news.world'. Consequentially, because of the 'link' options, it will also
> create a queue named 'worldnews' with a subject subscription (or routing
> key binding?) to 'news.world'. This queue will be persistent even when this
> sender disconnects and other senders/receivers can connect to it also.

Yes, in 0-10 the client establishes the 'link' from the exchange (i.e.
the 'node'), by creating and binding a queue (thus receiving the desired
messages that may be published to that node).

You can control details of the subscription queue (and indeed the
binding) over AMQP 0-10 using link options.