qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid client crashes in heartbeat operation
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 21:10:17 GMT
Perhaps not relevant, but I'm using a python client with a C++ broker with
the (QMF) heartbeat interval (configured in the broker) at ten seconds.  I
had occasion to instrument the actual time between heartbeats, and while
usually very close to (but always longer than) ten seconds, I have seen odd
single instances that are significantly longer, one as long as 16.4 seconds
(presumably the broker was "busy" with something else).  This was in a
CentOS VM running under vmware player on a Windows box, so my variability
may be worse than usual.  But if my level of variability do occur more
generally, I wonder if there may be a bug related to setting the heartbeat
to intervals shorter then the variability.

Bill