qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: AMPQ 1.0 brokerless P2P connection (qpid 0.26, proton 0.6)
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 19:38:21 GMT
Hey Gordon,
Kind of related to this thread really, but one thing I mentioned a
little while back was whether it'd be possible to "modularise" qpidd.

What I mean is that although clearly qpidd has been around for a while
and is clearly a broker :-) it also contains a whole bunch of features
that would likely be useful for any AMQP 1.0 container, being able to
build on more general "server" style behaviour with the benefit of all
the useful management and monitoring would be kind of cool.

I'm clearly trivialising the complexity to do such a thing, but I wonder
whether if it was more explicitly modular then it might be easier to
distribute the support burden (you seem to shoulder the lion's share of
that at the moment).

I'm not suggesting that it's not actually modular at the moment, I'm
more talking about *explicit* modularisation so that someone might be
able to pick and choose components to use in their own application.

I clearly haven't thought about this in any great detail :-D it's more
some idle musings, prompted by this thread, on how much of qpidd is
genuinely "brokery" and how much is really more generally usable AMQP
1.0 capabilities.

as I say just idle musings, I'm mostly just curious if this is something
you've ever thought about?

cheers,
Frase