qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMPQ 1.0 brokerless P2P connection (qpid 0.26, proton 0.6)
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 15:45:13 GMT
On 05/27/2014 03:56 PM, Alexander Yakovets wrote:
> I agree it looks like qpidmessaging.dll from qpid 0.26 with proton 0.6 do
> not support listening for incoming connection client but maybe future
> versions will be capable for this? Does qpid architecture suppose this
> functionality? Or any communication via qpid::messaging API must include
> broker?

In theory it would certainly be *possible* to extend qpid::messaging to
allow incoming connections to be listened for and handled. Better
non-blcoking support would be needed as well.

There is no plan as yet as to if or when this would be done however.

Would the proton Messenger API meeet your needs? Note that you could
implement the 'server' with Messenger and the 'client(s)' with
qpid::messaging if desired.

You may have seen my attempts to start a debate about the future
direction for the various APIs. If you can share any more detail about
what you want from an API and about your use case in general that would
be interesting.