qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMPQ 1.0 brokerless P2P connection (qpid 0.26, proton 0.6)
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 08:46:49 GMT
On 05/26/2014 09:44 PM, Alexander Yakovets wrote:
> I can see qpid-proton.dll is included in
> qpid-messaging.dll and I think it should be possible to get connected 2
> peers with qpidmessaging.dll without any broker running. But I failed to
> get this connectivity, looks like every time I need broker running. If
> broker is ON, AMPQ 1.0 based connectivity is ok, if broker is OFF
> connection not established.

The issue here is that the qpid::messaging API does not expose any way
of listening for incoming connections. It only offers the ability to
establish outgoing connections.

To write a component that accepts incoming connections you will need to
use a different API (and handle connections that were initiated by the
peer, rather than the application code). The simplest option there is
the proton Messenger API.