qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.28 release update - proposed final RC2
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 09:11:06 GMT
On 05/15/2014 08:35 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 05/14/2014 02:15 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
>> Hi, everyone.  Proposed final RC2 is now available for you to test.

>>    Build and test logs: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.28-rc2.log
>>    Maven artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~jross/maven-0.28-rc2/
>>    Changes since RC1: https://paste.apache.org/bohU
>>
>> My testing on Fedora 19 x86-64 discovered no errors.  Since RC1, I have
>> addressed two issues in the release scripting: a problem with the
>> archives
>> in windows and an improper svnversion value in the java artifacts. The
>> code
>> changes since RC1 are build fixes, doc updates, and a fix for QPID-5673.
>>
>> After a couple days, if no serious issues are discovered, I will raise a
>> vote to make the RC2 bits the GA bits.
>>
>> There are currently 13 open issues against 0.28, and at this point there
>> should be none.  Please take a minute to fix up any bugs you are
>> responsible for:
>>
>>    http://s.apache.org/qpid-0.28-open-bugs
>>
>> As ever, please test and report what you find, positive or negative.
>>   Thanks!
>
> I can't seem to successfully send over 1.0 from qpid::messaging to the
> java broker. The link is attached and credit is issued, but the transfer
> is then rejected. There is nothing logged by the broker.
>
> Against a 0.26 broker the 0.28 c++ clients work fine. Did something
> change on the Java broker since then?

FYI: due to the delayed list traffic, I followed up with Rob and Robbie
directly on this. The issue turns out to be a small change to the
behaviour of the java broker meaning that subscribing to a node with
source address 'amq.fanout' will no longer bind correctly to the
exchange. The workaround is to use 'amq.fanout/' instead (with
qpid::messaging this means you'll need additional quotes to stop the
library parsing the / itself). Rob has a patch to restore the previous
behaviour. (Thanks to Rob and Robbie for their help!).

I also ran into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5771 while
exploring the above, but other than these (which are not blockers), the
release seems ok to me.