qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 connection property names
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 16:31:22 GMT
On 05/13/2014 04:47 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea to me. I have been meaning to do the same thing
> with some other properties like 'version' and 'product'.

Yeah, my one question there was about distinguishing different 'layers'.
E.g. proton engine version, v. qpid::messaging version, v. some
application version. Maybe product should be a list or map? Or maybe the
key should be the product name and the value the version?

I don't have particularly strong feelings though I agree some standards
here could be useful.

> My only comment around the actual names is that 'process' doesnt
> immediately make me think 'name' and even seems a little like it could be
> describing the same thing as 'pid' if you didnt know both properties
> existed, which I have always thought about the older versions too. That
> isn't to say I necessarily have a good alternative suggestion, the only
> short one I could think of was 'pname' :)

How about process_name and process_id then?