qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: VxWorks and Qpid
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 10:00:32 GMT
On 05/01/2014 05:25 PM, Lance D. wrote:
> I have a quick question for the community. Has anyone tried Qpid on VxWorks
> (either the client or the broker)? Are there any problems with it?

I haven't tried, but the IO used depends on platform and at present
there is an epoll based solution for linux, and a windows based
solution. I think you may need something specific for VxWorks there,
which though certainly possible is non-trivial.

> Are
> there any other viable AMQP (0-10) clients for that platform?

Does it have to be AMQP 0-10? With AMQP 1.0 you would have more options.
In particular the Qpid proton library might be useful. The messenger API
relies on select (is that supported on VxWorks) and you can always
fallback to using the engine API with your own IO code if needed.