qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Comments on the AMQP management spec
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:03:17 GMT
On 04/11/2014 11:20 AM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> if we went with JSON we'd also have to define a canonical encoding
> of all AMQP types into JSON which we've looked at before and doesn't end up
> pretty...

Why? I think the benefit of using JSON directly is that you avoid
needing to do this.

If you go with the AMQP typesystem then you either need a whole host of
comparison/equivalence rules - i.e. essentially a canonical mapping into
a much simpler typesystem - or you have to have schemas be precise about
the exact AMQP type that some variable is (i.e. uint16 not anything else).

> And it would make things harder for JMS users, etc...

I'm not convinced it would. Even if exposed simply as JSON I don't think
it would be a huge barrier and of course it could be masked behind
ObjectMessage or whatever as with the AMQP type system if desired.