qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Can someone help me better understand this error:
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:28:42 GMT
On 04/09/2014 03:13 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:
> We run a three node cluster, fed by federation links from non-clustered
> brokers on what we call workflow servers.  All C++ brokers (0.18,
> probably).  As near to simultaneously as we can tell (log has 1 second
> resolution) we are seeing the following error on three (probably all of
> the) workflow servers:
>
> Apr 1 16:27:03 dt2apweb04nj qpidd[3154]: 2014-04-01 16:27:03 [Protocol]
> error Execution exception: not-allowed: Consumer tags must be unique (
> qpid/broker/SessionAdapter.cpp:404)
>
> We would like a deeper understanding of what this means.

This means that the client session created a subscription with an
identifier[1] that was already in use by that same session.

Are you able to get a tcpdump or a trace level broker log while
reproducing the issue? That would quickly point to the interaction that
led to the problem. Are there any other errors, e.g. in the
non-clustered broker logs?

Federation routes should use a separate session for each subscription,
and so should not hit this. Likewise client libraries should usualy
ensure this doesn't happen by choosing unique destination values. Always
possible there is some bug though.

[1] More specifically a message-subscribe command had the destination
field set to a value that was used for an existing active subscription
on the session.