qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject How do you install qpid bits?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 02:12:56 GMT
The discussion about how make install should work has made me wonder,
how are people installing the various qpid bits?

Perhaps we can collect the different use cases and come up with some
simple, consistent behavior for all the various projects that will make
life easy for everyone.

Here's what I do: I install everything in /usr/local. I do not want to
ever clobber RPM installed files in /usr. Here's how I do it:

With a  qpid-proton checkout at $PROTON and
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local (the default)

 cd $PROTON/<build-directory>; make install

With a qpid checkout at $QPID and CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local (the
default)

 cd $QPID/qpid/cpp/<build-directory>; make install
 cd $QPID/qpid/tools; ./setup.py install --prefix /usr/local
 cd $QPID/qpid/python; ./setup.py install --prefix /usr/local

And finally make sure to set up your environment:

export PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
export
PYTHONPATH="$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python:/usr/local/lib64/proton/bindings/python:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib64"