qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proton CMake has just started failing for me
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:44:56 GMT
On Sat, 2014-04-26 at 16:25 +0100, Fraser Adams wrote:
> Also could someone please explain the reason for the change around the
> "SYSINSTALL_BINDINGS is unspecified" stuff? Why make the default
> behaviour do something that "will no longer be found by system
> interpreters.  This means that every user will be required to manually
> configure their interpreters to locate the proton bindings". Clearly
> -DSYSINSTALL_BINDINGS=ON will make it behave like it used to do, but why
> change that from the default? It might be good if the text is modified
> to say *why* this is no longer the default, 'cause it seems kind of odd.

This is a long running dispute between some project members (they know
who they are).

Essentially the Proton behaviour has changed to match the qpid
behaviour.

Previously it would (try to) install in places that weren't in the
install prefix (but that were where the cmake detected language
interpreter said its modules should go), now it needs the
SYSINSTALL_BINDINGS flag to do this.

There are various reasons for the different positions - I will let those
who feel more strongly in one direction of the other advocate for their
position.