qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Broker plugin change - was Re: QPID C++ broker monitoring and management
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 17:34:01 GMT
On 8 March 2014 18:09, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 08/03/14 16:16, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>
>> So... looking at it now... I think bits of it were broken before (the
>> sessions on connections thing is horribly broken and always has been), but
>> it was broken a little bit more by some of the refactoring changes.
>>
> I certainly *used* to get enough info to be able to track Bindings and
> Subscriptions and to be able to navigate between Connection->Session->Subscription->Queue
> and vice versa and
> Exchange->Binding->Queue and vice versa

The Sessions only seem to be populated (and then the childAdded kicked off)
the first time you do getSessions() on a connection... and then it never
notices new sessions being added (again until you do a getSessions())

> But it definitely seems pretty broken at the moment. Man that refactoring
> had me swearing a lot :-(

:-) It will all work better in the end, honestly... If your code was
integrated into the build a bit better I would have made the changes as I
went through (might not have spotted the breaking of the child added stuff
though)... once Andrew/Robbie have got it (and the rest of the build)
mavenized, then InetlliJ will be able to cope a lot better with it I think.

>> I'll try to apply something today that will not only unbreak the stuff I
>> broke, but get the sessions stuff and everything else working too... I may
>> be a few hours :-)
>>
> That'd be great - think of it as pennance! ;-p

:-) Yeah... time for me to get back to beating myself with a stick...

-- Rob