qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Broker plugin change - was Re: QPID C++ broker monitoring and management
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:54:06 GMT
On 7 March 2014 12:47, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 07/03/14 11:38, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>
>> Hi Fraser,
>>
>> sorry - I had it on my list for today to look to see if any of the recent
>> changes had broken the build for the QMF plugin...
>>
>> we really need to see if we can integrate the QMF plugin into the Jenkins
>> builds or something so we get informed when it gets broken
>>
>> -- Rob
>>
>>  Hey Rob,
> I'm going through it now. I'm starting with the Statistics stuff which
> seems reasonably straightforward to sort out.
>
> I'll give you a yell if I tun into any issues - my first priority is to
> get the number of errors to a level where my eyes stop going fuzzy :-)
>
> There seems to be a change to the main plugin bit where there used to be
> stuff relating to AVAILABLE_ATTRIBUTES I've not reached that bit yet, but
> if you've got any pointers to the changes around there and what needs to
> change that'd be a help.

So, if you are looking at a given instance of a ConfiguredObject you can
call Collection<String> getAttributeNames();

If you want to know the available attributes for a given type of object you
can call     public static <X extends ConfiguredObject> Collection<String>
getAttributeNames(Class<X> clazz) on AbstractConfiguredObject,  so

AbstractConfiguredObject.getAttributeNames(Queue.class);

for instance.

At some point in the near future there'll be sub-interfaces for different
types of things (e.g. PriorityQueue and LastValueQueue would have
additional attributes over Queue)...

Apologies - I stupidly hadn't realised that your code was so dependent on
the constant String definitions of the attribute names

-- Rob