qpid-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Luffman <christopher.luff...@outlook.com>
Subject Using Deployment Description Instead of Annotations In JBoss 5.1
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 23:05:26 GMT
I am attempting to convert the QPID JCA QpidHelloListenerBean example’s configuration from
annotations to the deployment description in ejb-jar.xml file.     However, I am having a
problem with the connectionURL and destination properties.

The annotations for the example look like this:
@MessageDriven (activationConfig = {
   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode", propertyValue = "…"),
   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "…"),
   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "connectionURL", propertyValue = "…"),
   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "…"),
   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxSession", propertyValue = "…")
})

My converted ejb-jar.xml file looks like:

        <message-driven>
            <ejb-name>QpidHelloListenerBean</ejb-name>
            <ejb-class>org.apache.qpid.jca.example.ejb.QpidHelloListenerBean</ejb-class>
            <transaction-type>Bean</transaction-type>
            <message-destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</message-destination-type>
            <activation-config>
               <activation-config-property>
                  <activation-config-property-name>connectionURL</activation-config-property-name>
                 <activation-config-property-value>…</activation-config-property-value>
               </activation-config-property>
               <activation-config-property>
                  <activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>
                 <activation-config-property-value>…</activation-config-property-value>
               </activation-config-property>
               <activation-config-property>
                  <activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>
                 <activation-config-property-value>…</activation-config-property-value>
               </activation-config-property>
               ….
            </activation-config>
        </message-driven>

However, when I attempt to deploy this I get the following error for connectionURL:

Caused by: java.beans.IntrospectionException: No property found for: connectionURL on JavaBean:
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivationSpec@2b521cd6(ra=null destination=... destinationType=javax.jms.Queue
tx=true durable=false reconnect=10 provider=java:/DefaultJMSProvider user=null maxMessages=1
minSession=1 maxSession=15 keepAlive=60000 useDLQ=true DLQHandler=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.GenericDLQHandler
DLQJndiName=queue/DLQ DLQUser=null DLQMaxResent=5)
 at org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors.mapJavaBeanProperties(PropertyEditors.java:354)
 at org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors.mapJavaBeanProperties(PropertyEditors.java:285)
 at org.jboss.resource.deployment.ActivationSpecFactory.createActivationSpec(ActivationSpecFactory.java:129)
 ... 70 more

And for the destination property I get the error:

org.apache.qpid.ra.admin.QpidQueueImpl cannot be cast to org.jboss.jms.destination.JBossDestination

How should I setup my ejb-jar.xml file to allow me to change the connection URL and destination
without modifying the code?  Or is there another way that I am missing?

I am using JBoss 5.1 AS.