qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jan Bares <jan.ba...@wood.cz>
Subject RE: QPID C++ broker monitoring and management
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 07:27:23 GMT
Hi,

See inline

> Hi Jan,
> Just looked through your Jira. I'm not familiar with Cygwin I'm afraid -
> I tend to do all my stuff on a Linux box, are you saying that all I need
> to do is something like (not sure the best place to put your tweak
> without trying it):
>

> WHEREAMI=`dirname $0`
> if [ -z "$QMF2_HOME" ]; then
>      export QMF2_HOME=`cd $WHEREAMI/../ && pwd`
> fi
>
> QMF2_LIBS=$QMF2_HOME/build/lib
>
> CLASSPATH=$QMF2_LIBS/qpid-client-
> patch.jar:$CLASSPATH:$QMF2_LIBS/qmf2.jar
>
> # Get the log level from the AMQJ_LOGGING_LEVEL environment variable.
> if [ -n "$AMQJ_LOGGING_LEVEL" ]; then
>      PROPERTIES=-Damqj.logging.level=$AMQJ_LOGGING_LEVEL
> fi
>
> cygwin=false;
> case "`uname`" in
>    CYGWIN*) cygwin=true;;
> esac

Standard way to check if running of Cygwin, the uname returns something like: CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64

I suggest to place this check to the script begin.

> if $cygwin; then
>    CLASSPATH=$(cygpath -wp $CLASSPATH)
> fi

On Cygwin full paths begin with cygdrive and drive name, e.g. "/cygdrive/c/Programs.Java/RedHat/qpid".
Windows programs doesn't understand it, cygpath converts the path to windows path including
conversion of ":" to ";"

> java -cp $CLASSPATH $PROPERTIES
> org.apache.qpid.qmf2.tools.ConnectionAudit "$@"

It works for me, if it works for you too, this will help a lot. I am on trunk, I can check
immediately.

Thanks, Jan

DISCLAIMER
________________________________
         WOOD & Company Financial Services, a.s. and its branches are authorized and regulated
by the CNB as Home State regulator and in Poland by the KNF, in Slovakia by the NBS and in
the UK by the FCA as Host State regulators. For further information about WOOD & Co.,
its investment services, financial instruments and associated risks, safeguard client assets
(incl. compensation schemes) and contractual relationship please see our website at www.wood.com<http://www.wood.com/>
under section Corporate Governance.
         Unless otherwise stated, this transmission is neither an offer nor the solicitation
of an offer to sell or purchase any investment. All estimates, opinions and other information
contained herein are subject to change without notice and are provided in good faith but without
legal responsibility or liability. Opinion may be personal to the author and may not reflect
the opinions of WOOD & Co. Communications from sales persons, sales traders or traders
should not be regarded as investment research and may contain opinions or trading ideas which
are different from WOOD & Co. investment research opinions.
         This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute,
copy, print or rely on this e-mail and any of its attachments. Please notify the sender that
you have received this email by mistake by replying to the email, and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Although WOOD & Co. routinely screens e-mails for viruses, addressees
should scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. WOOD & Co. makes no representation
or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that
to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our clients and business, we may
monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).