qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Request for inclusion in 0.28 (was 0.28 doesn't build with any released version of Proton)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:35:55 GMT
On 03/27/2014 12:32 AM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:

>> Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5646, thanks in advance
>> for resolving this!
>
> Fixed on trunk:
> https://svn.apache.org/r1582139

I needed one further minor addition[1] to get linking working when
building against a proton install in a non-standard location, found by
pkgconf.

> I think this is the right way to fix the problem for the release too.
>
> Would someone who knows a bit about cmake take a look and/or test the
> patch with 0.28 and approve/not approve this patch for inclusion in the
> release please.

I've built and tested the latest trunk with the minor addition mentioned
above (not yet committed) against installs of proton 0.5, 0.6 and
0.7rc1, all located via pkgconf, and against an installation from proton
trunk located using CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH using cmake 2.8.9 in all cases. I
have also verified that 0.4 is rejected (located using pkgconf).

Based on this testing, I would be happy for this to be applied (along
with the minor addition mentioned) to the release branch. While there
may be some combinations etc not yet tested[2], I think this change is
of an acceptable risk for a new beta. Overall the change is now very
nice, allowing pkgconf or the new approach.

In any case, as it stands the release is blocked so if this is not
applied then the original change needs to be backed out to proceed.

Thanks for taking the time to work on the fix Andrew!

--Gordon.

[1] Added line to set link directories, see the exact patch in the JIRA,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5646?focusedCommentId=13949121&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13949121

[2] Testing windows is probably also necessary, and worth doing before
we apply it all to the release branch.