qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid dependency of proton versions
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:49:23 GMT
On 03/26/2014 03:33 PM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 15:14 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:

>>> This is a leftover from a pre 0.7 build and is confusing the detection.
>>
>> No, this was a completely clean installation of 0.7rc1 into a brand new
>> directory. It didn't work with proton 0.6 either (identical error to the
>> above, with just a different path and version). And the pkg-config
>> approach doesn't work either.
>>

> Sorry, this would be (as I said in my other email) because the changes
> didn't get into rc1.
>
> I'm concerned though if 0.6 also has this file, in that case we may need
> to explicitly make qpid 0.28 depend on proton 0.7 or later not just 0.5.

I'm not keen on that at all. This seems to have escalated from 'an
additional way to detect proton', to a change in how it needs to be
built *and* a hard dependency on an as yet unreleased and untested (in
the context of qpid-cpp) version of proton.

If we can get pkg-config to continue working against the older builds of
proton then I would be fine having this new mechanism only work against 0.7.