qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: create: receiver, but broker says "Queue not found"
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:10:06 GMT
On 03/16/2014 10:14 PM, Crinklaw-Vogt, Matthew wrote:
> I'm doing some failover testing for various services of ours that are using QPID.  We
need to handle failover ourselves so our connection listener returns false to veto qpid's
failover and then we go on to re-establish our connection and then re-initialize all of our
sessions, producers and consumers.

> In my current test I'm just killing the broker, waiting a few second, and starting it
back up again.

> During re-initialization, everything comes back fine except for queues of the form:
>
> UUID/None; {
>    'assert': 'always',
>    'create': 'receiver',
>    'delete': 'receiver',
> 'node': {
>      'type': 'queue',
>      'x-declare': {
>        'auto-delete': 'true'
>      }
>    }
> }

Have you tried without the 'delete: receiver'?

> Where UUID is a UUID for the queue name.
>
> When trying to create a consumer for a queue of the above form I get this error:
> javax.jms.JMSException: Error registering consumer: org.apache.qpid.AMQException: ch=0
id=0 ExecutionException(errorCode=NOT_FOUND, commandId=12, classCode=4, commandCode=7, fieldIndex=0,
description=not-found: Queue not found: d4c94463-dac9-4219-88ef-cb917249a523 (qpid/broker/SessionAdapter.cpp:686),
errorInfo={}) [error code 404: not found]
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.toJMSException(AMQSession.java:3494)
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession$4.execute(AMQSession.java:2039)
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession$4.execute(AMQSession.java:1)
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.executeRetrySupport(AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.java:371)
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.executeRetrySupport(AMQConnection.java:624)
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.failover.FailoverRetrySupport.execute(FailoverRetrySupport.java:102)
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.createConsumerImpl(AMQSession.java:2047)
>     at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.createConsumer(AMQSession.java:939)

I don't know enough about the JMS client to say for sure, but this looks
like the client *is* attempting to do some of its own failover
handling(?). Any comment from someone more familiar with the code? rajith?

> This doesn't make sense since I'm resolving the queue as a receiver and the receiver
should create the queue if it doesn't exist.  I've tried with "create: always" just to see
what would happen and I still get the same error.

> If I re-name the queue before making the consumer then everything works fine.  Any ideas
why I have to re-name the queue after failover?  Renaming the queue is fine for these UUID
guys but may present a problem for queues whose names aren't supposed to change.