qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to config c++ broker persistence
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 18:06:37 GMT
On 13/03/14 04:18, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 16:14 -0700, smartdog wrote:
>> I svn checkout the persistence store package. After ./bootstrap, I always get
>> this error message.
> We really need to do something about this!
>
> The Persistent store has been included in the main Qpid tree for 2
> releases now, you don't need to check out any other source tree - where
> did you get the idea that something extra was necessary - I'm interested
> because we need to correct whatever led you to think you needed
> something extra.
>
> If you have necessary libraries on Linux (sleepycat bdb, libaio) then
> you should automatically get the store modules built, I'm pretty sure
> this is documented in the source tree.
>
> Andrew

I raised a Jira back in mid-January "(QPID-5493) qpidd persistence needs
documentation" and last time I build the C++ broker (a couple of weeks
ago) the default in CMake was to build and install both stores which
then causes qpidd to fail to start. It's clearly possible to optionally
disable this, but I think it's wrong for this to be the default behaviour.

As I said in the Jira there's clearly been a load of good work put in to
qpidd persistence of late and it's a shame that it seems that nobody
except the developers are likely to be getting any benefit from it at
the moment.

The last time I looked the only documentation in the source tree that I
noticed was a couple of management-schema.xml files - that might be
enough for someone who knows what they are doing to get things working,
but probably not enough for users.

Frase