qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Send messages from one queue to another queue?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:16:30 GMT
On 12/03/14 15:53, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 03/12/2014 03:30 PM, Jan Bares wrote:
>> Is there easy way to send messages from one queue to another queue? I
>> am testing my application and I need to re-send messages from DLQ to
>> original queue without writing tiny application.
>
> Assuming this is the c++ broker, there is a QMF 'queueMoveMessages'
> method on the broker that can move messages from one queue to another.
> There is also the 'reroute' method on a queue that reroutes messages
> through a chosen exchange.
>
> In both cases you can use qpid-tool to trigger these, which is
> relatively easy. I don't think the QMF broker GUI provides any
> mechanism to invoke either of those yet (is that correct Fraser?). (If
> not it might be a nice addition for anyone out there wanting to
> contribute a patch).

As it happens the QMF GUI *does* provide the queue Purge, Reroute
Messages and Move Messages capabilities.

You wouldn't see those if you just have the QMF TempQueues and haven't
got any other queues added because I've deliberately disabled doing
things like manually fiddling/deleting the QMF queues/exchanges, because
if you do that you'll break QMF. But if you have any of your own queues
then you can definitely purge/reroute/move. The only thing that's not in
place for those is the "filter" parameter, that's mainly because it was
added after the main GUI work and I haven't got round to it yet.

So you basically just need to fire up the GUI, go to the "Queues" page,
select the queue that you want to move messages from then click on "Move
Messages". You'll get a pop-up that has a selector to the destination
queue and the Number of Messages that you want to move (leave it empty
if you want to move all of them).

HTH,
Regards,
Frase