qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Send messages from one queue to another queue?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:53:52 GMT
On 03/12/2014 03:30 PM, Jan Bares wrote:
> Is there easy way to send messages from one queue to another queue? I am testing my application
and I need to re-send messages from DLQ to original queue without writing tiny application.

Assuming this is the c++ broker, there is a QMF 'queueMoveMessages'
method on the broker that can move messages from one queue to another.
There is also the 'reroute' method on a queue that reroutes messages
through a chosen exchange.

In both cases you can use qpid-tool to trigger these, which is
relatively easy. I don't think the QMF broker GUI provides any mechanism
to invoke either of those yet (is that correct Fraser?). (If not it
might be a nice addition for anyone out there wanting to contribute a
patch).