qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Java Broker plugin change - was Re: QPID C++ broker monitoring and management
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 09:22:11 GMT
I took another look at this - there's definitely still a few problems
with the bindings. I think that the disparity between the bindingCount
attribute and the reported bindings is almost certainly due to the
removal of default.direct not being fully reflected everywhere, however
there are other issues:
1) Looking at bindings navigating from an exchange I'm not seeing any
bindings
2) Looking at bindings navigating from a queue it *looks* like the
binding shown is the queue binding not the exchange binding (I'd expect
to see a binding to an exchange when looking from a queue if you see
what I mean)

In QMF terms it's suggesting that the exchangeRef is actually pointing
to a Queue and that the queueRef is missing (I think) but in terms of
the Java Broker stuff it's the Queues and Exchanges that are parents of
Bindings so I'm not quite sure what's happening - I think either an
Exchange or Queue is not calling childAdded (which would account for not
seeing bindings navigating from an exchange) but it's weird that the
other childAdded is having the wrong parent being passed (which I think
is the only way to account for me seeing the wrong bindings).

So in other words superficially this *looks* better, but it's currently
reporting the wrong information.

Frase

On 08/03/14 20:24, Fraser Adams wrote:
> Hey Rob,
> It's looking a lot better, but I don't think it's quite there yet - I
> seem to be seeing a mismatch between the bindingCount property of
> queues and the actual bindings I'm seeing and I don't seem to be
> seeing bindings at all when I navigate from the qmf.default.direct and
> qmf.default.topic exchanges.
>
> The former might well be to do with the removal/hiding of the no-name
> default.direct exchange that was done recently in the Java Broker the
> latter points to a potential child issue remaining.
>
> I'll investigate a bit more tomorrow and post an update when I've
> figured out what's occurin'
>
> Cheers,
> Frase
>

> On 08/03/14 19:00, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>> OK... I've made some changes which will hopefully correctly call the
>> child
>> added / removed at appropriate times for consumer/binding and session
>> creation...
>>
>> Let me know if you are still seeing issues (though I'm not going to be
>> around much for the rest of the weekend... travelling tmr)
>>
>> -- Rob
>>

>> On 8 March 2014 18:34, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The Sessions only seem to be populated (and then the childAdded kicked
>>> off) the first time you do getSessions() on a connection... and then it
>>> never notices new sessions being added (again until you do a
>>> getSessions())

>>> :-) It will all work better in the end, honestly... If your code was
>>> integrated into the build a bit better I would have made the changes
>>> as I
>>> went through (might not have spotted the breaking of the child added
>>> stuff
>>> though)... once Andrew/Robbie have got it (and the rest of the build)
>>> mavenized, then InetlliJ will be able to cope a lot better with it I
>>> think.

>>> :-) Yeah... time for me to get back to beating myself with a stick...
>>>
>>> -- Rob

QPID-5578 <
is that I no

the