qpid-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Java Broker plugin change - was Re: QPID C++ broker monitoring and management
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 17:09:17 GMT
On 08/03/14 16:16, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> So... looking at it now... I think bits of it were broken before (the
> sessions on connections thing is horribly broken and always has been), but
> it was broken a little bit more by some of the refactoring changes.
I certainly *used* to get enough info to be able to track Bindings and 
Subscriptions and to be able to navigate between 
Connection->Session->Subscription->Queue and vice versa and
Exchange->Binding->Queue and vice versa

But it definitely seems pretty broken at the moment. Man that 
refactoring had me swearing a lot :-(

>
> I'll try to apply something today that will not only unbreak the stuff I
> broke, but get the sessions stuff and everything else working too... I may
> be a few hours :-)
That'd be great - think of it as pennance! ;-p

>
> -- Rob
>
> On 8 March 2014 15:19, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In case it helps:
>>
>> I've enabled some debug code to my
>> public void childAdded(final ConfiguredObject object, final
>> ConfiguredObject child)
>>
>> and when I connect from a QMF Console I see
>>
>>
>> childAdded: ConnectionAdapter.192.168.1.108:51674
>> childAdded: StandardQueue.TempQueue6be15a5e-e2e8-455d-91fe-f9c4d0065163
>> childAdded: StandardQueue.TempQueuee06bd915-ed51-4072-9565-0f4b8f879dbc
>> childAdded: StandardQueue.TempQueuecb017ab2-66e2-41d4-a700-b488d7963055
>>
>>
>>
>> I'm slightly concerned that I'm not seeing SessionAdapter - there's
>> definitely "childAdded(adapter)" in ConnectionAdapter.getSessions() so
>> it's probably due to the "if(!_sessionAdapters.containsKey(session))"
>>
>>
>> Actually - I've just seen something weird. When I *kill* the QMF Console I
>> see:
>>
>> childAdded: SessionAdapter.0
>> childAdded: SessionAdapter.1
>>
>> ????????
>>
>>
>> That seems to be happening consistently.
>>
>> If I add chidRemoved debug too I see:
>>
>> <when I add a QMF Console>
>> childAdded: ConnectionAdapter.192.168.1.108:56590
>> childAdded: StandardQueue.TempQueue2aedf125-368a-4c5b-ab01-297d5c9c19bb
>> childAdded: StandardQueue.TempQueuef5b4e0f2-aea6-4cb6-9e94-697c91076457
>> childAdded: StandardQueue.TempQueue8a4d6f9c-c28d-49dc-baa6-51da38252e7d
>>
>> <when I remove a QMF Console>
>> childRemoved: StandardQueue.TempQueue8a4d6f9c-c28d-49dc-baa6-51da38252e7d
>> childRemoved: StandardQueue.TempQueue2aedf125-368a-4c5b-ab01-297d5c9c19bb
>> childRemoved: StandardQueue.TempQueuef5b4e0f2-aea6-4cb6-9e94-697c91076457
>> childAdded: SessionAdapter.0
>> childAdded: SessionAdapter.1
>> childRemoved: ConnectionAdapter.192.168.1.108:56590
>>
>>
>> I'm thinking that the childAdded during the Console/Connection removal is
>> a bug???
>>
>> Regards,
>> Frase
>>
>>
>> On 08/03/14 13:59, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>>
>>> OK - then that is probably more obvious to fix :-)
>>>
>>> Just need to sort out one last thing with logging, then I'll get the
>>> bindings and consumers working through the model (and write some tests to
>>> catch this error for next time)
>>>
>>> -- Rob
>>>
>>>
>>> On 8 March 2014 14:50, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>   On 08/03/14 13:46, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>>>>   Are the issues you are seeing just on Queue (i.e. getBindings() works ok
>>>>> on
>>>>> Exchange, getSubscriptions() works ok on sessions...)?
>>>>>
>>>>> I'll take a look in a sec... and once I isolate the problem that'll be
>>>>> worth a few more tests so it doesn't slip through the net next time...
>>>>>
>>>>> -- Rob
>>>>>
>>>>>   No sorry, I'm not seeing any child updates relating to Bindings or
>>>> Subscriptions (Consumers)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>   On 8 March 2014 14:40, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>    Hey Rob,
>>>>>
>>>>>> Another issue I've had with the refactoring due to QPID-5578 <
>>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5578> is that I no
longer
>>>>>> see
>>>>>> Binding and Subscription information.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I use the ConfigurationChangeListener to synchronise the internal
state
>>>>>> and I strongly suspect that you've removed some of the
>>>>>>
>>>>>>                        childAdded(adapter); // Trigger corresponding
>>>>>> ConfigurationChangeListener childAdded() callback.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Stuff
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I don't have the *before carnage occurred* versions handy to check
but
>>>>>> my
>>>>>> suspicion is that there used to be childAdded stuff in
>>>>>> SessionAdapter.getConsumers()
>>>>>>
>>>>>> and also in the QueueAdapter.getBindings() and
>>>>>> QueueAdapter.getConsumers()
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The QueueAdapter.getConsumers() seems to have its own issues hence
the
>>>>>> queue.getChildren(Consumer.class)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> But the bottom line is that I don't believe that the
>>>>>> ConfigurationChangeListener is getting correctly updated with the
>>>>>> necessary
>>>>>> state information!!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Frase
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@qpid.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@qpid.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@qpid.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@qpid.apache.org
>>
>>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@qpid.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@qpid.apache.org


Mime
View raw message