qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: QPID C++ broker monitoring and management
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 13:11:35 GMT
Hi Jan,
I've committed an update to QpidRestAPI.sh on trunk. Could you please
check to see if that works and give me a yell. If it works then I'll
update the other scripts.

BTW I've added the Cygwin stuff *after* I set CLASSPATH to

CLASSPATH=$QMF2_LIBS/qpid-client-patch.jar:$CLASSPATH:$QMF2_LIBS/qmf2.jar:$QMF2_LIBS/restapi.jar

myself because the qpid-client-patch.jar gets put *before* the main
CLASSPATH (which would have the qpid jars on it). That's a bit quirky
but that patch is an optional thing for people running < Qpid 0.12 it
provides a "patch" to one of the classes on that to enable the
"x-amqp-0-10.app-id" property to be added, which is needed for QMF (see
the README.txt)

Hopefully nobody is using that stuff now, but you never know :-) but
given that I *think* that I need to add your:

   CLASSPATH=$(cygpath -wp $CLASSPATH)

After I've set the CLASSPATH.

Just in case you are wondering why I didn't just shove the Cygwin block
at the start.

Let me know if it works and I'll fix the other scripts ASAP.

Regards,
Frase

On 06/03/14 07:27, Jan Bares wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See inline
>
>> Hi Jan,
>> Just looked through your Jira. I'm not familiar with Cygwin I'm afraid -
>> I tend to do all my stuff on a Linux box, are you saying that all I need
>> to do is something like (not sure the best place to put your tweak
>> without trying it):
>>

>> WHEREAMI=`dirname $0`
>> if [ -z "$QMF2_HOME" ]; then
>>       export QMF2_HOME=`cd $WHEREAMI/../ && pwd`
>> fi
>>
>> QMF2_LIBS=$QMF2_HOME/build/lib
>>
>> CLASSPATH=$QMF2_LIBS/qpid-client-
>> patch.jar:$CLASSPATH:$QMF2_LIBS/qmf2.jar
>>
>> # Get the log level from the AMQJ_LOGGING_LEVEL environment variable.
>> if [ -n "$AMQJ_LOGGING_LEVEL" ]; then
>>       PROPERTIES=-Damqj.logging.level=$AMQJ_LOGGING_LEVEL
>> fi
>>
>> cygwin=false;
>> case "`uname`" in
>>     CYGWIN*) cygwin=true;;
>> esac
> Standard way to check if running of Cygwin, the uname returns something like: CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64
>
> I suggest to place this check to the script begin.
>
>> if $cygwin; then
>>     CLASSPATH=$(cygpath -wp $CLASSPATH)
>> fi
> On Cygwin full paths begin with cygdrive and drive name, e.g. "/cygdrive/c/Programs.Java/RedHat/qpid".
Windows programs doesn't understand it, cygpath converts the path to windows path including
conversion of ":" to ";"

>> java -cp $CLASSPATH $PROPERTIES
>> org.apache.qpid.qmf2.tools.ConnectionAudit "$@"
> It works for me, if it works for you too, this will help a lot. I am on trunk, I can
check immediately.

> Thanks, Jan
>

> DISCLAIMER
> ________________________________
>           WOOD & Company Financial Services, a.s. and its branches are authorized
and regulated by the CNB as Home State regulator and in Poland by the KNF, in Slovakia by
the NBS and in the UK by the FCA as Host State regulators. For further information about WOOD
& Co., its investment services, financial instruments and associated risks, safeguard
client assets (incl. compensation schemes) and contractual relationship please see our website
at www.wood.com<http://www.wood.com/> under section Corporate Governance.
>           Unless otherwise stated, this transmission is neither an offer nor the solicitation
of an offer to sell or purchase any investment. All estimates, opinions and other information
contained herein are subject to change without notice and are provided in good faith but without
legal responsibility or liability. Opinion may be personal to the author and may not reflect
the opinions of WOOD & Co. Communications from sales persons, sales traders or traders
should not be regarded as investment research and may contain opinions or trading ideas which
are different from WOOD & Co. investment research opinions.
>           This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute,
copy, print or rely on this e-mail and any of its attachments. Please notify the sender that
you have received this email by mistake by replying to the email, and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Although WOOD & Co. routinely screens e-mails for viruses, addressees
should scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. WOOD & Co. makes no representation
or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that
to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our clients and business, we may
monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).